GOD SAVE THE GOODS
CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS
Customer needs are becoming increasingly customized. The time to market is becoming shorter. The product design process is becoming more complex. Small lot productions are showing a higher request rate.
Higher competitiveness requires higher productive efficiency and reduced costs.
Customers have become more demanding and less loyal, making it necessary to bring better and, newer, products on the market in the shortest amount of time possible.
Optimize performances, reach maximum productivity, and guarantee quality: these are some of the reasons to introduce analytical instruments in your own processes and help decision makers in fulfilling strategic objectives rapidly and precisely.
OUR SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR INDUSTRY
IMPROVEMENT IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION
Beauty products manufacturer based in the US, with almost 100 brands, more than 130 countries and close to 10 Bn USD in annual revenue.
Measure the impact of the introduction of 8 new productions lines on the internal logistic processes, by creating a simulation model to statistically measure the expected impact.
Improve planning logics considering the critical bottlenecks due to internal logistic processes.
Calculate the internal flow of pallets into the plant, the waiting time, cycle time and productivity per flow type.
Evaluate possible alternative solutions for the transporters routing through different routing rules, and identify bottlenecks.
Thanks to the simulation of the entire production plant, i.e. 6 main flows between the warehouses (raw materials, finished products, supermarkets, …) and the production lines, the following analyses were carried on:
- Productivity analysis
- Cycle and waiting times analysis, both overall and by flow type
- Number of missions in queue by flow type
- Traffic analysis
- The result was the choice between two products routing options (mono- vs bi-directional), leading to an increase in productivity in the range 10-30%, depending on the product.
- The production plant was awarded as having adopted the “most innovative approach” to design the plant.
PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION PLANNING
Tens of production plants produce thousands of SKUs. Finished products are stored in 20-30 factory warehouses, then shipped either to one of the 30-40 regional warehouses or directly to one of the hundreds of clients in one of the 100+ markets.
- Plan the production over the next 3-10 years;
- Plan the distribution of goods through the multi-level supply chain;
- Increase profitability, by reducing costs without impacting revenues;
- Satisfy all the production/ distribution constraints;
- Centralize in a unique tool production and distribution planning.
The Ublique platform was deployed, in order to wrap an optimization algorithm with the aim of:
- Producing the expected quantity of finished products;
- Minimizing both production and distribution costs;
- Satisfying the tens of constraints (e.g., flow, capacity, minimum lot, …).
- 5-10% reduction of total costs;
- Less than 1 hour of computation.